Monday 8 December 2014

90s Amurrrrca







T-Shirt - HYPE £28 // Jumper - HYPE £44.99 // Jeans - TOPSHOP £39 // Shorts - VITAGE // Bag - LAMODA £20 // Converse - OFFICE £55 

When I was a baba, I lived in Seattle with my parents. I've been flicking through baby photo's recently and had fallen in love with how the style was over there back then, so I have taken these two pieces from Hype's recent collections and reworked using 90s Seattle America as my inspiration. 

The first tee from the 'Fats Food' collection takes an inspiration from Jeremy Scott's fast food inspired collection for AW14 and it is at the heart of American culture. I styled this going by a few photo's I found of my mum with the high waisted ripped jeans which have come back as a trend. This tee is oversized and can be worn alternatively as a dress, like I did when I did a shoot for the Fats Food collection. My second look is based around this crystal print jumper which again is oversized and can be worn as a long jumper rather than tucked in to denim like myself. These wonderful shorts have been a big part of my life these past few years, and they fit perfectly well with the look I was going for as they come straight from my mums 90s wardrobe. Keeping with the American style, I have styled both outfits with a cute little back pack and some grubby platform converse.

www.hypeclothinguk.bigcartel.com
Twitter - hypeclothinguk
Facebook - Hype Clothing
Instagram - @justhypeofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment